Arkansas State University provides long term disability insurance for benefits eligible employees. ASU pays 100% of the premium. The plan is administered by Centennial Insurance(claims submission) and UNUM (claims payment)
- Long term disability provides you income if you become disabled and are no longer eligible to work.
- You are covered under the long term disability plan on the 1st of the month following 90 days of employment
- Benefit is 60% of salary up to a maximum of $6,000 per month.
- There is a 180 day elimination period before you are eligible for benefits if you become disabled.
- Two year pre-exisiting condition clause.