Arkansas State University provides accident and critical illness insurance for benefit-eligible employees and their families.
You have the opportunity to purchase accident insurance as a new hire or during open enrollment without evidence of insurability.
Accident Insurance provides a set benefit amount based on the type of injury you have and the type of treatment you need. It covers accidents that occur off the job. And it includes a range of incidents, from common injuries to more serious events.
Be Well Benefit
Every year, each covered family member who has Accident coverage can also receive $50 for getting a covered Be Well screening test, such as:
- Annual exams by a physician include sports physicals, well-child visits, dental and vision exams
- Screenings for cancer, including pap smear, colonoscopy
- Cardiovascular function screenings
- Screenings for cholesterol and diabetes
- Imaging studies, including chest X-ray, mammography
- Immunizations including HPV, MMR, tetanus, influenza
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness insurance pays a lump sum directly to the participant when diagnosed with a covered condition. Critical Illness Insurance includes the following benefits:
- $30,000 maximum benefit;
- No maximum on payouts and benefits for covered conditions can be paid out multiple times
The fastest way to file a claim or leave is with the Unum web portal or app. Simply log in to your account to get started, check on the status of a previously filed claim or find answers to common claim questions.File a claim >>