Arkansas State University provides basic life insurance for benefit eligible employees and their familes.
- Basic life insurance for employees is equal to 1.5 times your annual salary up to a maximum benefit of $50,000.
- Basic life on spouse is $2,000*
- Basic life on children from 15 days to age 3 is $1,000*
- Basic life on children 3 to 19 (25 if full time student) is $2,000*
- AD&D coverage in same amount as above
- Centennial Insurance administer our plan and UNUM is the insurance provider.
You also have the opportunity to purchase additional term life insurance as a new hire or during open enrollment without evidence of insurability. Open enrollment increases are limited to one increment without evidence of insurability, however,you may apply for additional coverage by submitting evidence of insurability forms.
- You may purchase term life insurance on yourself in increments of $25,000. Premium is based on age and increase as you get older.
- You may purchase additional term life on your family* IF you have purchased additional life insurance on yourself. Premiums on spouses are based on your age and will increase as you get older. For spouse coverage over $25,000 or for an increase of more than $5,000 during open enrollment if under $25,000 you must submit an EOI form.
- Optional Life coverage amounts are reduced at age 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90.
- Centennial Insurance administers the plan and UNUM is the insurance provider.
Please note that an employee cannot be covered as a spouse or dependent on dependent or supplemental spouse or supplemental child life.