ASU offers both long term disability insurance and short-term disability for all benefits eligible employees.
Long Term Disability
- ASU pays 100% of the premium.
- The plan is administered by Town and Country (claims submission) and UNUM (claims payment)
- Long term disability provides you income if you become disabled and are no longer eligible to work.
- You are covered under the long term disability plan on the 1st of the month following 90 days of employment
- Benefit is 60% of salary up to a maximum of $6,000 per month.
- There is a 180 day elimination period before you are eligible for benefits if you become disabled.
- Two year pre-exisiting condition clause.
Short Term Disability
- Employees pay 100% of the premium.
- The plan is administered by Town and Country (claims submission) and CNA (claims payment).
- Short Term disability provides you with income if you are unable to work due to a qualified illness or accident.
- There are two plans available.
- Plan 1 begins payment on the 8th day off work and pays up to 26 weeks
- Plan 2 begins payment on the 15th day off work and pays up to 26 weeks
- You must meet plan requirements to qualify for disability payments. Pre-existing condition period of one year must be met in order to be eligible for benefits.
- Rates are based on age and the amount of disability insurance you purchase. You may purchase insurance to cover up to 66% of your weekly salary. You may sign up during your first 30 days of employment or annually during open enrollment.