The Arkansas State University System is committed to offering a competitive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family. Employees are able to participate in a wide range of benefits including retirement, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and cancer plans. Information about these benefits can be found on the links to the left.
2016 Health Plan Highlights:
No premium increase
No increase to PCP office visit or pharmacy copays
No increase to deductible
$0 copay for wellness visits effective 1/1/2016
$0 copay for recommended wellness screenings effective 1/1/2016
$0 copay for recommended vaccines effective 1/1/2016
$0 copay for flu shots at network pharmacies effective 11/7/2015
$50 copay for specialist visits effective 1/1/2016
Out-of-pocket in-network annual maximum includes copays in addition to deductible and coinsurance
Out-of-pocket maximums increased $800 for both in-network and out-of-network
- Direct bills for Long Term Care Insurance will be mailed by the end of February. Your bill will be a quarterly bill unless you would like to elect a monthly direct debit, or you can choose to pay semi-annually or annually and receive a small discount.
- Out of State In-Network Provider List (Updated 11/1/2015)
- Out of State In-Network Hospital List (Updated 11/1/2015)
- Same Sex Married Couple Employee Benefits Update (Posted 7/1/2015)
- Important Memphis Network Update (Posted 3/13/2015)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tax-sheltered income to pay for qualified health care or childcare expenses.
We pay the full cost for basic employee life, basic AD&D and family coverage. Supplemental available.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Pays your beneficiary a death benefit if you die due to a covered accident.
Long-term Disability Coverage
ASU pays the full cost. Benefit is 60% of salary up to a maximum of $6,000 per month.
Long-term Care Insurance
Provides benefits to those unable to care for themselves. Plans also available for family.
Accident, Hospitalization, Critical Illness
Benefits are paid directly to you if you meet criteria for coverage selected.
All benefit eligible employees are required to contribute to a retirement plan as a condition of employment.