ASU provides basic life insurance for benefit eligible employees and their familes.
- Basic life insurance for employees is equal to 1.5 times your annual salary up to a maximum benefit of $50,000.
- Basic life on spouse is $2,000*
- Basic life on children from 15 days to age 3 is $1,000*
- Basic life on children 3 to 19 (25 if full time student) is $2,000*
- AD&D coverage in same amount as above
- Town and Country administer our plan and UNUM is the insurance provider.
You also have the opportunity to purchase additional term life insurance.
- You may purchase term life insurance on yourself in increments of $25,000. Premium is based on age and increase as you get older.
- You may purchase additional term life on your family* IF you have purchased additional life insurance on yourself. Premiums on spouses are based on your age and will increase as you get older.
- Optional Life coverage amounts are reduced at age 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90. Life Insurance Coverage Age 65+
- Town and Country Insurance administers the plan and UNUM is the insurance provider.
You may also purchase additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- You may purchase insurance for yourself in increments of $25,000 up to a maximum benefit of five times your salary.
- You may also purchase additional coverage on your family**.
- Town and Country administer our plan and Hartford is the insurance provider.
You may apply for life insurance during your first 30 days of employment. You may also apply during the annual open enrollment, however, you optional life, supplemental life and child optional life you must be approved through evidence of insurability.
*Please note that an employee cannot be covered as a spouse or dependent on dependent or supplemental spouse or supplemental child life.
**Please note that you may be covered only once on the optional AD&D coverage. You may be covered as an employee or a spouse or a dependent child.